Gain relevant knowledge of the French-speaking world with courses in literature, film, culture, pedagogy, linguistics and critical theory.
Deepen your understanding of French language, linguistics and pedagogy while preparing for doctoral work in SLAT or to enter the job market with valuable skills.
Prepare for a career in secondary education and get certified in Arizona.
Opportunity for advanced undergraduates to earn a Masters in one extra year.
Devise a cross-disciplinary program with business management, MIS, marketing, journalism, or collaborative governance.
Doctoral students can earn a PhD minor in French and diversify their skills and accomplishments.
- Study with a diverse group of highly accomplished faculty with expertise in their fields.
- Explore your intellectual interests with an array of courses on literature, culture, language, pedagogy, linguistics and critical theory.
- Acquire critical thinking skills, the ability to communicate effectively in French, and relevant knowledge about the world.
- Prepare for doctoral work in French, Francophone studies, related fields or enter the job market with valuable knowledge and skills.
- Teach and do research in France for one year as an exchange student.
- Spend six weeks in Paris as a teaching assistant with Arizona in Paris during the summer.
- Become an excellent teacher of French and learn to use cutting-edge technology and pedagogical approaches.
- Benefit from hands-on mentoring and observation as a teacher of French as a foreign language.
Teaching and Professional Development
CERCLL / Center for Educational Resources in Culture, Language and Literacy
Title VI Language Resource Center that supports research related to language teaching and learning and provides educators with quality resources for teaching as well as professional development for the meaningful integration of culture, literacy, and world language study.
OIA / Office of Instruction and Assessment
Building capacity for excellent teaching.
Through fostering interdisciplinary engagement with diverse communities, the Graduate Center supports you as you prepare to address society's grand challenges and shape a changing world.
Writing Skills Improvement Program
University-wide program with offerings tailored to graduate students.
Arizona Grad Conference in French
International graduate conference organized by the department for students in French.
Office of Fellowships and Community Engagement (Graduate College)
The Office of Fellowships and Community Engagement (OFCE) assists graduate students in searching and applying for funding outside of the University of Arizona. We provide a monthly newsletter with current funding opportunities and advice on applying for funding. We also host workshops and provide application support for specific fellowship opportunities.
Advances a diverse and robust literary culture that serves a local-to-global spectrum of writers, readers, and new audiences for poetry and the literary arts.
Center for Creative Photography
Recognized as one of the world's finest academic art museums and study centers for the history of photography.
CFC / Contemporary French Civilization
An interdisciplinary journal devoted to the study of the French-speaking cultures throughout the world edited by Denis Provencher and published by Liverpool University Press.
French Graduate Student Organization
Student-led organization in French.
Graduate and Professional Student Council
University-wide resource for graduate students offering workshops, travel grants and more.