Congratulations to Ms. Anne-Marie Engels-Brooks who has received the 2019 Award for Excellence in Global Service offered jointly by the Center for English as a Second Language (CESL) and UA Global. Ms. Engels-Brooks will be honored at the Global Excellence Reception on Wednesday, November 14, 2018 from 3:30 - 5:30 pm on the rooftop of the ENR2 Building.
The Global Excellence Reception, hosted by UA Global and the Center for English as a Second Language, recognizes select members of the greater Southern Arizona community who have distinguished themselves locally, regionally or nationally in the areas of global education and service.
Ms. Engels-Brooks was nominated by her colleagues and has met and exceeded all of the criteria listed below that were required to receive this prestigious award:
- Has been a substantial positive force in the international exchange of culture, knowledge and ideas
- Created or provided an outstanding service internationally with significant economic, social or cultural benefits
- Demonstrated significant bridge building between cultures
- Greatly facilitated international understanding through international activity in a highly significant way
- Produced a significant positive effect on international understanding through presentations, cultural activities or exchange programs
Please join us in honoring Ms. Anne-Marie Engels-Brooks and celebrating her passion for excellence!