Research Assistantship Opportunity, Contemporary French Civilization
One research assistantship per year is available for a graduate student who is interested in acquiring experience in academic publishing.
- The research assistant will work a maximum of 20 hours/week for the entire academic year with Dr. Denis Provencher, editor-in-chief of Contemporary French Civilization (published by Liverpool University Press), to prepare accepted manuscripts for the production stage toward publication.
- By working closely with Dr. Provencher, the research assistant will also liaise with authors about copy editing issues.
- Responsibilities include native or near-native skills in English and French, as well as excellent organizational, communication, and proofreading skills.
- Advanced knowledge of both Word and MLA style is essential.
- Graduate students with previous editorial experience and familiarity with the field of contemporary French civilization and cultural studies will be given preference.