Our website is designed to help you find all the information you need as quickly as possible: course descriptions, faculty profiles, information about majoring and minoring in French or Italian, study abroad opportunities in Italy and France, extra-curricular activities, and contact information.
- Award-winning teachers and advisors
- Cutting-edge language programs in French and Italian
- One of the largest Italian Programs in the United States
- Study abroad opportunities in Orvieto, Italy
- A diverse French program, with courses in second language acquisition, francophonie, French literature, culture and language
- One of the oldest and best-established study abroad programs in the University of Arizona (Paris)
- World-renowned scholars in French and Francophone language, literatures and cultures
- World-renowned scholars in Italian language, cinema, literature and culture
We offer BAs in Italian and French:
- Two tracks in Italian (Italian Language and Literature; Italian Studies)
- Two tracks in French (Language, Literatures, and cultures; French and Francophone Studies)
And an MA in French
- Three areas of emphasis (French Literature and culture; Francophone Studies; Teaching French as a Foreign Language)
- Accelerated Master's Program (BA + MA in French in 5 years)
We invite you to learn more about the faculty and programs of the Department of French and Italian at the University of Arizona. If you have further questions, coh-fandi [at] email [dot] arizona [dot] edu (please contact us).