Opportunities for Professional Development Abroad: Qualified graduate students may apply for our year-long educational exchange with the Université Paris VII, our semester-long exchange with the Sorbonne, or for a teaching assistantship in our Arizona in Paris summer program.
|Billy Lebbs, 2014-15 Paris VII Exchange Student|
Lecteur/Lectrice d’Anglais, Paris VII
One-year appointment as exchange lecteur/lectrice at 12 hours per week in the U.F.R. d’Etudes Anglophones, Institut d’Anglais Charles V. Teach English language classes in language laboratories and conversation classes (30 weeks) plus 4 weeks of orientation and exam period.
- An excellent opportunity for linguistic and cultural immersion
- Appointment is for a full academic year from September to June
- Salary is competitive, medical benefits are provided
- Applicants must be continuing graduate students at the University of Arizona in French or SLAT in good standing (3.0 GPA or better for all courses); priority will be given to French MA students & SLAT students
- Native proficiency in English
- Proficiency in French
- Collegiality and ability to work effectively with others; excellent rapport with students, and demonstrated willingness to take the time to help and advise them
- Be a good “ambassador” of the University of Arizona and the Department of French and Italian abroad
|Charles Norton, 2013-13 Paris VII Exchange Student organizing a concert with 123...Rap!|
LECTEUR/LECTRICE D’ANGLAIS, UNIVERSITÉ PAUL-VALÉRY MONTPELLIER (UPVM)
One-year appointment as exchange lecteur/lectrice. Teach undergraduates mostly (freshman composition, freshman and sophomore American, British and Commonwealth countries’ civilization and history, conversation classes focused, or not, on specific topics in literature and civilization); participate in and organize extracurricular activities: informal lunchtime conversation groups, parlor games in English etc; hold one office hour weekly, be a good ambassador of the UA.
- Applicants must be continuing graduate students at the University of Arizona in good standing (3.0 GPA minimum), priority will be given to French MA students
- good command of French;
- native proficiency in English and a K-12 education in American schools
- Collegiality and ability to work effectively with others, excellent rapport with students
Salary and conditions
- Net salary: around 1200 euros/month (tax inclusive), 12-month work contract;
- Teaching load: 200 hours per year + possibility to teach extra hours (40 euros/hour not tax-inclusive);
- Number of weeks: twenty-six (26) weeks of class but presence in Montpellier is required except during normal vacation periods for meetings and invigilation.
Application Procedure for both exchanges:
Send the following to the Director of Graduate Studies at email@example.com by February 1st:
- Letter of interest, including personal goals for the academic year
- Names of two referees
- Curriculum Vitae
Candidates are selected by the French Graduate Studies committee; Paris VII and UPVM make the final decision.